lunes, 11 de octubre de 2010

Soakin' the sunshine with you

Yes, it has come! The summer entry I never posted on August!

9th July, Physics done, we headed for Laura’s pool in her super-house at the top of the world and spent a long, fun evening of eating barbecue made by our Chef JL, laughing, joking, swimming all topless in the pool and enjoying our real first day of summer. That night we got dressed at Alma’s in our best clothes to celebrate the end of our exams and headed out to eat Murcia! We had a wonderful, typical Spanish dinner in a traditional-styled bar (cervezas y tapas) and then travelled from bar to bar. The problem was, it was 1 in the morning, we were in la yeseria and we were bored. LOL. So much for being party animals; at 2 or 3 we went back home and well, me and Alma didn’t sleep much.

And so, the next morning, we woke up early, packed our bags and headed for La manga! The welcome of summer. We spent 3 days of being a whole lot in the beach (alma got terribly burnt and it was real funny to see her naked), we walked around the beach, I took them to the lighthouse, we had martinis in my balcony while watching hellboy, watched the football match (we won the world cup!!), slept all three in dad’s bed…We also went to the boat the last day, with Marina and Guille; we stopped at El barón, scuba-dived for quite some time, slept on the boat…it was a great day and overall, a good start of summer with my two best friends (guile said he’d never met people so much like me).

Our next destination was Jaén, which we headed for Wednesday morning in a horribly long bus-ride. We arrived there at noon, with a ton of food waiting for us; we all sat at the table and ate and well, at first I was a bit weirded out sicne I feel awkward eating in front of people I don’t know, but soon it was to become a great routine; they made me feel completely at home, just like in campo.

That evening Us 3 and Oscar went down to the city and Oscar acted as guide, taking us around the city and explaining the history and stuff; I had fun, took a lot of pictures. We spent a long while in an Arabic tea-shop, me talking with Oscar about movies and the like and then we headed for the city auditorium, where we stayed to watch Celda 211 for free! It was a great movie, although I was feeling quite sick most of the time because of Alma and Oscar…it was the only downer of the whole trip. I didn’t sleep too well that night.

I can’t remember the order of the things we did; I know one morning we went with Alma’s mom and brother to the market and bought ingredients for tea (we hadea and smoked every day after lunch), or another morning that I was feeling sad and went out alone to the courtyard to listen to ghibli music and take pictures of kye and café. There was also one morning I woke up at 7 for some reason and went down with the dogs to watch the dawn…it was great.

We also met Alba and her boyfriend, spent one evening with them and then went out with all of Alma’s friends. I wish I could have had fun...it’s a pity I’m the way I am, but oh well. The best evening by far was the one we went with Alma’s family to La ciudad de los niños, a gynormous super cool park filled with wood constructions: pirate boats, castles, dragons, animals… it was really cool, we had loads of fun. After that we went to visit the castle and had a drink in the most expensive hotel (in the castle), after which we went down to the city to another very Spanish bar. That was the last day; that night, Bea, Alma and me laid in the courtyard, me and Alma listening to music, watching the night sky (the last time I saw so many stars was when I was little, here in campo) and it was great. When we went up to sleep, I remember Alma was lying face up and I just started touching her, because it was the last day and I felt sad because I knew I would miss her…that ended up with us going down to have some time alone in the courtyard. It was a good goodbye for jaen.

On Sunday we went back to Murcia with Alma’s parents; Bea left early for Villena and I helped Alma to pack her stuff and I finally left for la Manga. I fell asleep on the bus and very nearly missed my stop and since I was feeling sad, I went to the beach and ended up walking all the way up to the lighthouse. It was a nice walk, I missed doing that.


After that I came back to campo and spent my days lazing about, speaking with alma over msn every day, taking walks, playing basketball, watching anime in club Nintendo, drawing...Lola braided all of my hair (brave one) and we found 2 puppies and one nearly dead dog (Rasputin!). I also bought No More Heroes 2, which I played almost every night with all the cousins watching and laughing at Travis (so crazy); Guille got his eyes operated and I especially remember many nights we spent just Marina, Guille, sara and me in Club Nintendo talking or just listening to Bon Iver, enjoying the moment.

There were also concerts, of course! In July we went to see Kings of Convenience on a warm Wednesday. Their music was soft and summery and beautiful. They made us to up front to dance (not that they had to convince us) and one of the musicians ended up dancing among us, with his old ugly glasses and tall figure. It felt like a summer party between friends; it was comfortable, almost lazy and very, very nice. At the exit I saw Diego, the last time (I have no idea when he left or where he is, but I’m happy and he probabbly is too). We talked about nothing almost nervously, like we always do and left for Campo. The next day we went back to see the Penguin Cafe, which was an absolutely great concert as well; their music made me think of movies and soundtracks, so happy and beautiful, although some songs were also quiet and a bit sad. I enjoyed it very much as well.

One week somewhere between July and August I went for a day and a half trip with Mom up to the mountains. We stayed at a hotel in the suite room, walked around the mountains, it was quite a beautiful place; the bad thing was I was sick to my throat and by the time we came back it had really worsened; I spent a few days feeling real bad.

At the next week Alma came to campo and stayed the whole week; they were great days, she following our rutine and fitting in perfectly, playing rummy, studying, cuddling in guille’s bed in the evenings, playing Mad world or watching me play No more heroes at night…I’m really glad the cousins liked her and felt comfortable around us. It was a great week, even though my maladies continued (urticaria). The last night was the best by far; I just love beng with her. ^^


A week after Alma left I was feeling bored of the same routine and a little sad, so I decided to go back to la manga, which was quite the good decision; they were great days to say goodbye to summer (the last days of august). I can’t remember what I did in exact order, but I know on the second night there I went out with Marina and Francis to our Irish bar and after a couple of hours, got on the bus and headed for El Zoco, where we had a couple beers in the new Zeppelin (with its hot hot owner) and also had a little crisis on Marina’s part (and I was so drunk I kissed Francis, lol). The unexpected came when we were sitting on the bus stop, waiting to go back, when Iván (a childhood friend I hadn’t talked to in more than 10 years) came by with his car and took us home, deciding to join in on the party. We had pizzas (at 4 am) and watched Austin Powers until sunrise. At 9 or so, with Marina having gone to sleep and Francis gone home, me and Iván decided to go to the beach, although we had to come back without even abthing because Marina needed moral support for going back home (and it ended up being ok, in the end). After that we went back to the beach, talked about everyhting and nothing, bathed in the water, got attacked by the Kraken and went back to our respective homes.

There were two days in between before I saw him again where I mostly watched movies and spent time with mom, algo going to the vet I think. Then Iván, Marina and Jenny got together to have lunch (alhtough Jenny actually joined in later) and we had a very delicious meal of chicken and potatoes with wine; when Jenny came, we started playing poker, which lasted 3 long hours in which we won and lost and drank whisky (which was rather disgusting) and just laughed and had fun.

The next day, 1st of September, me and mom headed early for Murcia to get installed in our new flat! We arrived after Sara and Marina and went up to see the flat; shortly after Alma and her parents came up. I remember she was looking very tired and I felt my heart leap (I’m such a girl). After the landlord explained us the details, we decided on rooms (I got the one with a wall made of closets, Alma got the big one, Marina the small and Sara the yellow one) and we started bringing stuff up and decorating. It wa shard work because it was incredibly hot, especially when me and mom headed out to eat ant to visit Ikea (bonsai!) but it was well worth it. Mom left by night as well as Alma’s parents and it was just Me, Sara and Alma in our first night in the flat! I slept on my new bed in my new room (whcih has ended up looking a lot like the one I had in my last house) and felt quite at home in it.

Jenny came one day to see the flat and we tried our cachimba for the first time while listenig to the XX and it was magic; the feeling, the taste of tea and smoke, good company...it was so different from the start of last year and so great. I really enjoyed those lazy days. On the 4rth or so the Lemon Pop festival startes, although we started going on the 5th; that same day Marina came over and by night Alma, Sara, Marina, Jenny and me headed out for a weird night of groups we didnt’ like too much, although we stayed there for a long while. The next day Lola and Paloma came to the flat. They took a lot of pictures, we had a HUGE meal of baked potatoes with a thousand things to put on them and then just lazed about in the living room; when night fell, we got dressed and went back to the Festival to see Fanfarlo, who did a short but intense concert that had us all crying and smiling at the same time. And it was great to have Alma by me, holding my hand when I cried when they played songs like ‘’The walls are coming down’’; I’d gotten used to miss her during concerts over summer.

I can’t remember at all what happened between that day and when I did my stupid Agricultura exam, which I passed! And afterwards I went back to la Manga; I went to the vet, I guess, and saw Francis for the last time before he left for Granada. I think I will always remember his bow and ‘’Nos veremos en el infierno’’, lost in the night. It made me feel a little sad, but I’m also very glad he’s decided to move on from this place.

On the 20th of September classes started with the promise (that is beinbg fulfilled so far) of studying a lot every day, but it’s interesting stuff and we’re doing useful things that will help us become vets so I’m quite happy with my second year so far. I’ve spent my weekends in Murcia alone with Alma, watching house non-stop and studying with Bea and we’ve adapted to our new routine. One day me and Alma went to Bea’s house to make cakes and we had loads of fun as well. It’s being a lot better year than the last, for sure, and I’m happier than ever, even more so if Catfish is coming to live with us!

Now I’m in la Manga, came back for 4 days because we had classes off while Alma went back to Jaén for her fair. I’ve been lazing about, studying, went to the vet and campo and tomorrow I’m going back to the mountains to spend the day with mom.

All in all, a great great summer and a great start of the year. I’m lovin’ it! xD

No hay comentarios: